This is going to my first personal blog entry since I launched London Ki Ladki 4 years ago! I’m so ecstatic to share that my other half proposed to me at the tail end of last year!
How did it happen? It was a Bollywood style proposal; a singing guitarist playing two of our favourite romantic Bollywood songs in a secluded area near where we had our first date in London. My reaction? Shocked! I immediately started to well up when he started his proposal speech and went down on one knee and pulled out a Pokeball (we both like Pokemon!) with the ring in it! It was so sweet! And to my surprise, some of our loved ones were hiding in the bushes spying on the whole proposal! A basket of celebratory drinks (and cold coffee for me haha) and sweet treats were revealed once our friends and family appeared. It was truly an unforgettable day and a beautiful evening as we headed to London’s most romantic restaurant, Clois Maggoire for dinner. It certainly lived up to the romantic ambience for this special occasion.
Now we are in the midst of early stages of planning! Neither of us have ever been people who had wedding ideas since we were young, which does make wedding planning a tad more challenging. Despite that, I think starting from scratch is nice as I feel you are more open-minded. So far we have been venue hunting! Here is a little snippet of our journey…
We had a few key questions we needed to ask when visiting each venue… here are some questions we would suggest considering to ask when enquiring with a wedding venue:
- Does the hire cost include VAT?
- What are the venue hire times?
- Are there any decor restrictions?
- Are there areas for both the bride and groom to get ready in on the day?
- What is the contingency if it rains/snows (if you plan to have your wedding outdoors)?
- Which areas will be available in the hire?
- What parking is available?
- What is supplied by the venue? (Tables, chairs etc.)
- Are fireworks of confetti allowed?
- Can we use our own caterers?
- Can a table and a cake knife be supplied with the wedding cake?
- Can we bring our own alcohol? Is there a corkage fee for doing so?
- Is there time cut off for serving alcohol or playing music?
- Is there accommodation available on site?
- Is there somewhere to keep wedding gifts safe and secure?
- Is the deposit refundable?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- What is the procedure for cleaning up after the wedding?
We hope this is helpful 🙂 We will be sharing more of our wedding journey and events along the way on our blog and Instagram page: Instagram.com/LondonKiLadki. There is a long journey ahead with the wedding planning, but we will enjoy and cherish every moment of it before the BIG day!
If you have any questions on wedding planning do feel free to get in touch here.
Artwork: Upartistry (HUGE thank you to them)